Saturday, March 10, 2012

Call me. Maybe?

Q:  So, Kelsey, what have you learned in the past 9 months as a PCV?  Have you learned how to live and work in Spanish?  Do you now know what it’s like to live in a developing country?  Have you learned how to deal with less-than-adequate transportation?

A:  Well, yes, I have learned all of those things.  But I think my biggest accomplishment has been to learn what it means to be a dancer in a music video- the blood, sweat, and tears that are involved.  My fellow Piura Volunteers and I slaved over the following video one evening after a regional meeting.  Watch it and get a glimpse of what it’s like to be a PCV in Piura during the summer months.  When people say that we go crazy because of the heat, they may not be too far off.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtYRLiuDhk&feature=youtu.be

“Hey I just met you, and this is crazy.  But here’s my number, so call me maybe?”

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow Kelsey! I just watched this at work and I was busting up laughing. It was so fun! Miss you a ton and hope you are doing well :)

    -Hilary

    ReplyDelete